Step away from the wear and tear of your everyday routine.
March 6 – 12, 2023 – Spend it with us in Morocco!
Leave the pressures and guilt behind so that you can find and reclaim yourself.
Join your sisters lakeside in a relaxing, private riad in the foothills of the majestic High Atlas Mountains of Morocco, where you will have the support, time and guided activities to help you reconnect to your fitra-self.
The BIG Reconnect Sleepover is hosted by London-based psychotherapist Khalida Haque, and jeweler, editor, and writing coach Brooke Benoit.
ALL INCLUSIVE, once you arrive (flights not included). You won’t have to reach for your wallet once except for the day we go souvenir shopping. We’ve taken care of everything so that you can simply relax, spending your time enjoying yourself and reconnecting.
A week of self-reflection and discovery at The BIG Reconnect Sleepover includes:
- Private riad with female-only staff – it’s a hijabfree retreat!
- Guided therapeutic, creative, and writing activities to help you refill your vessel and reconnect to your fitra Self
- One-on-one counselling sessions with Khalida, at your discretion
- Daily Yoga classes
- Modesty-friendly spa pampering sessions
- Relaxing in or next to the private, heated indoor pool
- Reconnect to your heritage from atop a camel, riding along the foothills of the High Atlas Mountains
- A Jummah salat with sisters from around the globe at the iconic Koutoubia Mosque in Marrakech
- Guided tours of the 19th Century Bahia Palace and the 500-year-old Ben Youssef Medressa
- Taking in the magnificent natural surroundings of one of the largest rivers in Morocco at the foothills of the High Atlas Mountains
- Lively and thoughtful discussions focusing on topics we Muslim women want and need to talk about
- Lite hiking up a lower end of the High Atlas Mountains, enjoying Moroccan barbecue and magnificent views
- And all the fresh, lovingly-made Moroccan food you can eat!
- Transportation to and from the airport, and to all points of our adventures
A guided tour and shopping in hustling bustling Marrakech, multiple opportunities for altruism, sadaqa distributed in your name to the most needing families in Morocco.
please check out the full Itinerary Here.
What’s the true value?
This retreat with the dozens of activities, tours, workshops, local transportation, meals, and beautiful accommodation would cost £1600+ if organized privately. We have worked hard to find the best deals for you as well as making this retreat a “principled purchase” by supporting many women-owned and family businesses, as well as non-profits as we can.
Also, we have found that the majority of our retreat attendees – even when treating themselves to this kind of holiday – will not treat themselves to the individual activities that make for a full retreat experience. This is why ALL activities are included in the retreat price, as well as most meals. Unlike other retreats where you will have to purchase all your activities as “extra activities” – nope, you have already paid for everything up front and can JUST RETREAT once you arrive.
All fees are based on double occupancy with bathrooms en suite. There are private rooms available for additional charges. Please contact us if you need to make arrangements for one firstname.lastname@example.org